Sunday, February 13, 2011

Praying for M

Believe it or not, I'm in the middle of English class as I type this.
I finished an assignment that we are now working on a LONG time ago, so now I get fifteen minutes of free time. I'm also staying after again today, so that will give me lots of time to type up a long entry.
Still haven't gotten an email from M. I think I'm going to give up on waiting at this point. But if any of you runners out there have been in contact with him or have at least seen him in the past 2 weeks, I would very much appreciate it if you let me know. In fact, a lot of people would appreciate that. People are freaking out, dude. Since my last comment post about M possibly disappearing on his Tutorial blog, people have been constantly putting up comments, asking if he was alright, if he was still out there.
Please be out there, M.
We're rooting for you all the way.
There's really not much for me to write about right now actually.
So I might as well tell a creepy little story that happened to me a few months before.
Back when my paranoia somewhat ended and my obsession began, Slender Tester and I started our Slender Man Research Notebooks; scribblers for us to write down our research notes and 'journals' in. So anyways, the day I started mine, my paranoia kicked in a little more than usual, and I found it hard to get to sleep that night.
So, I eventually fell asleep (because even though you can feel His presence, everyone falls asleep eventually). But I had a strange dream, and unfortunately, it's been so long now that I can't even remember what it was that I dreamt about. But the dream aside, when I woke up, I felt even more scared than normal. It was pitch-black-dark in my room, and when I moved my right arm, I realized that something sharp was piercing into my skin.
I figured it was something that my sister had left behind in my bed, due to the fact that she had been making arts and crafts again while watching TV that evening before.
Luckily, the sharp object wasn't pushing into my skin that hard, and didn't even leave a mark. I picked up the object, and, too freaked out to get out of bed and turn on the light, I held it up to the light from the moonlight shining through the window across from my bed.
It had the silhouette of a nail.
I felt really freaked out by then, and I really didn't want to get out of bed. I hadn't even looked up that entire time. I had kept my gaze low and to the side; I really didn't want to look around. So, I threw the nail to the side of my bed, on the floor beside it, so I could examine it in the morning.
I had a really tough time getting to sleep that night. I tossed and turned, but sleeping just wasn't one of my head's intentions.
I eventually threw away my fear and jumped out of bed, turning on the light, grabbing my Slender Man Research Notebook, and I threw the god-forsaken thing out into the hallway.
I still had a lot of trouble falling asleep that night.
But what happened the following morning really freaked the shit out of me.
The nail, the one that I had found in my bed and thrown on the floor to look at later. . .
It was gone.
Months have passed since then, and I still haven't found the nail; I haven't even found anything that even resembles it.
So that's my Operator story for today. This entry actually took me a few days to get up, started it in English class, didn't finish till tonight. Got another computer! But I gotta say, it's the shittiest computer in shit-town. Italics don't even work properly on this thing. Because our browser is stinkin' Opera, which my sis thought would be a good idea to download instead of Firefox or even Chrome, it doesn't support anything better than HTML.
Other than that, things have been pretty normal. Considering I have a computer now, I can post at home, which means I can type more in a much longer amount of time. At least until my sister wants to go on.
I got the living hell scared out of me about a week ago.
I didn't see Him, but I felt His presence. Every where.
Allow me to explain: first of all, I live in a forest. Not all forest, but enough trees that there are forests surrounding me. I have this somewhat long driveway that's surrounded by trees, and then this barn that's surrounded by trees, a driveway that is surrounded by green grass, and then my house is to the right of the driveway. Thing is, surrounding the right side of the house is, well, more trees. And our gigantic front lawn is surrounded by trees as well. There was this little shortcut to our neighbor's place that my sister found when we had first moved into the house. It was a little nook between the trees that cut off the property from my house to the neighbors. So me and my sister loved this shortcut, right? It had this little open area, and after a while, it seemed like a sort of fort. I haven't gone through there in forever though. Not since I found out about Slender Man.
So, enough about the fort, I haven't gotten to the real story yet. Last week, I went to hang out with my Slender-hunting buddy, Joel D. Problem is, when I got back, it was about ten o'clock at night. In my world down here in Atlantic Canada, Joel lives in the 'town' part of our region, and I live in the 'boondocks', waaaay up north. So his mom was driving me back up (he came along for the drive) and unfortunately, due to all the snow, she couldn't drive me to the top.
Which meant I had to run straight up the driveway through the snow.
Surrounded by trees.
In complete darkness.
So, before I get out of the car, I make a little joke to Joel.
"Yeah, uh, Joel, if you find me impaled on a tree Monday morning. . . I'm fine." Then we both laughed, and I closed the door. The first thing I do is look around. I'm scared out of my mind, because I really don't want to get impaled. I'm also sort of a mentally unstable kind of person, so I was twitching a little too. So, after looking around, I charge up the driveway as fast as I can.
I have never run that fast in my life. I'm not very athletic, or even physically healthy for that matter, so if I run for long periods, I tend to get cramps very easily. But I was too freaked out to pay attention to that. I wanted to look back, but I didn't.
Because I knew that if I looked back, He would be there.
I ended up looking back, to see the headlights of the car shining towards me. Joel D. helping me out perhaps? Thank you, Mr. Joel.
So, I make it to the driveway in one piece.
But then I had to do it again last night!
I had gone to the movies, with Joel D. and a few other friends as well, including my younger sister.
So, mom got this brilliant idea to send us up the driveway and then she would leave to pick up my dad from a place where he hangs out nearly every night.
Because mom thinks our believing in the Slender Man is 'just a fad and shouldn't be something to be afraid of', she just laughs at us as we run for our lives up the driveway. It was even worse this time though; mom had given me a flashlight.
I had told Joel D. about the flashlight thing, and I said, "It would make him easier to find me."
Joel replies with, "Well, at least you'd be able to find him."
And I finished with, "But I don't want to."
I don't want to find Slender Man.
If anything, I hope that He is the one that finds me. At least then I'd be able to enjoy a few moments alive, with sweet dreams. Then He'd be the one chasing me, not the other way around.
I wonder what would happen if someone were to chase Slender Man? Would the effect be the same? Probably not. Now I'm just rambling about pointless crap that probably won't have an effect on anyone.
M has been talking a lot about things in the air that have been 'shifting'. He claims that this could mean He is getting weaker.
If Slender Man were to be destroyed before I encountered him, I'd be a little thankful, but I'd still be pissed off. Don't take this the wrong way, but me missing a Slender Man encounter by the time he dies is like missing a video game tournament that I could have easily won.
Could life just be a big game to me?
I do not know.
At any rate, Slender Man isn't a phenomenon that I want to miss. Everything in this pathetic little universe ends, and all ghost and demon phenomenons face their end as well.
We just need to find Slender Man's end.
Talk to you later, Operator.
(teehee, that rhymes. . .)
And peace be with you, Runners!

No comments:

Post a Comment